04 Aug Top 10 Business Presentation Mistakes
The presenter doesn’t:
- realise it’s not about them: it’s all about their audience.
- remember ‘I am in control’.
- analyse their audience before writing the script.
- warm up.
- focus on their audience throughout the design and delivery process.
- connect with their audience. They make PowerPoint their presentation and read it to their audience. Death by PowerPoint’ includes relying too heavily on information-packed slides.
- use their body to support their message. For example they place their hands over their crotch in what is known as the fig leaf, crotch clutch or reluctant nudist posture!
- really look at their audience between slides and they sometimes fake eye contact with people.
- pause. They use filler words like ‘um’, ‘ah’, ‘and so’ instead of pausing.
And one more for extra value!
- call their audience to action and close the presentation with strength.