Ron is a passionate, solution and results oriented, technology expert with focus on building impactful digital transformation experiences. As a Solutions Specialist in Salesforce, he serves as the trusted advisor for customers and partners, empowering customer-centric organisations to optimise field productivity, transform service operations and connect customer engagements.
What kind of presenting do you do at work?
I present customer facing solution demonstrations, solution enablement for internal groups and partners, Product Training Workshops for partners and customers, and I also do some public speaking at events.
What prompted you to study with Michelle?
My manager offered this opportunity and I thought it would be relevant for my role and personal improvement.
How did Michelle’s teaching change your attitude to presenting in business?
Michelle helped me to think again on how to structure and convey my messages and how to approach a mixed audience. For example, the importance of using visual, auditory and kinesthetic language to engage with different types of people.
In general, what positive outcomes have you achieved from improving your presentation skills?
The structure and feedback Michelle provided immediately influenced my gestures, icebreakers and wording on my shorter speaking slot at a conference just a few days after the course.
The positive feedback I received would drive, I hope, more public speaking opportunities and present wider career options.
(note from editor: Ron is very humble – from all accounts he SMASHED his presentation after our training!)
In what specific ways have your presentation skills improved since learning with Michelle?
– Michelle has had an immediate influence on me using simpler graphics and images in my slides.
– Using 4Mat properly and ensuring there is at least a micro Why? and What if? as part of my slot in a larger presentation run by others.
– Use an appropriate icebreaker to hook the audience’s attention.
– Always think 2nd position when creating statements, observations, recommendations. It’s not about me!
What were your top three take-aways from Michelle’s masterclass?
– Using 4MAT even when delivering as part of a wider session.
– How important it is to ensure engaging delivery for different audiences: direct connected eye contact, excellent clean and clear slides, confident posture.
– Small bits matter! Bit of colour and images, a bit of voicing and pitch, a bit of drama, bit of smiling, bit of interaction!
©2023 MICHELLE BOWDEN CSP is an authority on persuasive presenting in business. She’s run her Persuasive Presentation Skills Masterclass over 970 times for more than 13,000 people over the past 24 years and her name is a synonym for ‘presentation skills’ in Australia. She’s a multi-million-dollar pitch coach to her client list that reads like a who’s who of international business: banking and finance, IT, pharmaceutical, retail, telecommunications plus many more. Michelle is the creator of the Persuasion Smart Profile®, a world-first psychological assessment tool that reports on your persuasive strengths and weaknesses at work, the best-selling internationally published author of How to Present: the ultimate guide to presenting live and online (Wiley) and her new book is called How to Persuade: the skills you need to get what you want (Wiley).