21 Nov Success Story – Rachel Kalwy
Rachel is an energetic and passionate presenter with over 20 years of experience in the fitness industry. Currently a Business Performance Coach for Anytime Fitness Australia and overseeing 176 locations in multiple states. Rachel is at her best when guiding and facilitating experienced multi-site Franchisees in best practice for growth of revenue and sales acquisition. She also loves finding creative new ways of enhancing member on-boarding and sales success for high performing teams.
Rachel’s other passion is learning and development and the delivery of Sales, Retention, Leadership & Culture training across Australia to over 500 fitness clubs and thousands of like-minded Fitness Professionals.
What did Rachel say after attending Michelle’s Persuasive Presentation Skills Masterclass?
“I honestly loved everything! The techniques were explained fabulously and I feel it can truly be applied. Michelle you’re AMAZEBALLS!”
What kind of presenting do you do at work?
- Vitals training 12 times a year– 2 days of sales and retention training: Large group training of club staff in each state of Australia. 60-100 people per session – Sales, Retention & Culture.
- In house – Business coach development – Peer development – Leadership & Coaching.
- New Franchisee Training – Fundamentals of Anytime Fitness Operations.
- 2 Day Operational Training – Franchisee and Regional managers – Advanced Operational training.
- Webinars – Multi topics dependant on the needs of the business.
- One on One regional manager development – Training regional managers the “How to”.
- Business Reviews – One on One Franchisee Business Coaching.
- Conference – Co presenting and individually run education sessions at our annual conferences.
What prompted you to study with Michelle?
Work booked us in as we were all asking for presenting training and Michelle was the top pick!
How did Michelle’s teaching change your attitude to presenting in business?
- Michelle gave me structure to design my presentations – 4Mat! Love it, its awesome and can be applied in many more places than presenting.
- I also add this structure to my everyday conversations.
- I have also enjoyed applying the pace, pace, pace and lead technique to build rapport.
In general, what positive outcomes have you achieved from improving your presentation skills?
I had the pleasure and opportunity to present in front of the leaders within our organisation and that allowed me to show case my presenting capabilities. I was overwhelmed by lots of positive feedback. I’m hoping it allows for more opportunities in the future.
In what specific ways have your presentation skills improved since learning with Michelle?
- I feel I have slowed down in my presenting style, I am taking more time to create rapport and buy-in.
- I feel I’m more persuasive in my delivery.
- I also feel I am more aware of my linguistics and the way I say what I want to say.
What were your top three take aways from Michelle’s teachings?
- How to build rapport for large groups.
- How to use techniques to create persuasiveness.
- How to extend myself, which sometimes for me means pulling back a little!