In both her personal and professional life, Michelle has always connected strongly with people and their stories. As a life coach, Michelle supports her clients to embrace their full potential.
What did Michelle Payne say after attending Michelle’s Persuasive Presentation Skills Masterclass?
“Effective, real, fun, long lasting techniques, awesome presenter, relevant. We all created our very own presentation. Wow, I am so grateful I trusted my gut and bought Michelle’s book and attended this program. Incredible – I believe its life changing.”
What kind of presenting do you do at work?
- One on one coaching.
- Personal development workshops to small groups 10-20.
- Guest speaking to small groups 30-50.
- Facilitation of women’s circles discussing self esteem, self care, healthy boundaries and other connection and communication based issues.
What prompted you to study with Michelle?
I bought Michelle’s book “How To Present” a few years ago and began following her. It was an intuitive thing at first, I felt she was the woman I wanted to learn from. I was attracted to the fact that she was comfortable in her skin and confident to be herself with the pink lipstick, the flash of colour and her vibrant outgoing personality.
For much of my life I had hidden those aspects of my personality and brand. I thought ‘serious’ was what had to be done in the business world. Michelle in a way, gave me permission to shine out and be truly authentic which is what my business (VAST Life Coaching) and my message to others is all about. It made sense to work with her.
When I started to consider Michelle’s teaching style and her models and discovered how structured and “step by step” her process was, I knew her masterclass was going to be exactly what I needed to help me create the workshops I had in my head and heart.
It was time to take my self taught and homegrown presentation style to a new level!
I needed a program that would give me the skills and confidence to create workshops with a more structured and specific plan and that is what I have found in Michelle’s Persuasive Presentation Skills Masterclass.
How did Michelle’s teaching change your attitude to presenting in business?
- Michelle’s teaching has changed my attitude to persuasive communication in many ways.
- She has also catapulted my confidence and belief in my ability much faster than I had expected. I now know that when I plan and do the required prep-work, I can present in front of anyone, anytime!
- My concept of what nerves are has shifted, and now I believe that anything is possible.
In general, what positive outcomes have you achieved from improving your presentation skills?
- I’m confident to say, ‘yes’ to all and any opportunities now, knowing that I have Michelle’s 13 steps to follow.
- I feel so positive about all aspects of presenting.
- I feel confident to present to all audience sizes.
- I don’t question whether my message is being conveyed because I know I’m following a best-practice formula.
- I know that if am engaging the variety of personalities and learning styles in the room, my message will be received.
- I acknowledge that for me its all about the planning and doing the prep-work.
- I feel supported and know that I can reach out to Michelle if I need it. It’s incredible how generous and giving Michelle is, even when the program is over.
- I’m definitely more confident in many areas of my life with these new strategies.
- I now know what “persuasive” actually means, and what it looks like and I see it as a very positive thing.
In what specific ways have your presentation skills improved since learning with Michelle?
- I trust myself and my content and my self-belief in general has expanded.
- I confidently follow the steps taught by Michelle and believe a brilliant outcome will happen. It’s a science that anyone can learn.
- It can be a quick and flowing process (I once thought it was tedious and drawn out because I used to get so easily distracted without a process, and this often led to self-doubt).
- I enjoy myself and have fun with the processor analysis, design and delivery of an important message.
- I am more me – I use my natural core personality to create my own unique style.
- I connect with my audience (well before the presentation begins if possible i.e.. in my advertising and social media).
What were your top three take aways from Michelle’s teachings?
- Connect first. Create interesting stories and be real.
- Don’t overload with content. Key points done really well will be remembered.
- Don’t skip the steps in early presentation planning. 13 steps every time makes life easier.