23 May Success Story – Leah Hudson
Leah is a passionate Business Development Manager who represents the Mortgage and Finance Association (MFAA), the peak industry body for finance professionals.
What did Leah say after attending Michelle's Persuasive Presentation Skills Masterclass?
“I loved Michelle, of course! And the practical, easily implemented techniques. Great flow and structure – exciting to see how you took us on the journey Loved it!! So great that I found you – how lucky! I will recommend you to everyone!”
What kind of presenting do you do at work?
In my day to day role, I frequently present to a variety of groups from small workshop- style audiences, to leading larger events or hosting key note speakers at regional conferences in front of hundreds of members and industry professionals. It’s been a time of intense scrutiny in the financial services and it’s really important that I’m always empathetic and professional.
What prompted you to attend Michelle's Masterclass?
Although I have a background in theatre and could talk under wet cement, when faced with a room full of my peers and the need to deliver professional and structured content my nerves would overcome me and prevent me from delivering a strong message. These nerves prompted me to attend Michelle’s Masterclass.
How did Michelle's teaching change your attitude to presenting in business?
My attitude to presenting in business has totally transformed. Michelle’s Masterclass taught me formulas that work, and as a result I am now enjoying the challenge of speaking.
Michelle’s masterclass gave me:
- an awareness of where my nerves come from and practical tools to reduce them.
- a method to ensure I am prepared with a defined outcome for all presentations.
In general, what positive outcomes have you achieved from improving your presentation skills?
Since attending Michelle’s Masterclass I am very excited about the positive response I’ve personally received from the members. My engagement has substantially increased as members are now more likely to respond to my call to action. Undertaking Michelle’s course has definitely increased my confidence in a relatively new role.
In what specific ways have you presentation skills improved since working with Michelle?
I have specifically improved:
- My connection with the audience through eye contact.
- My breathing and pace has improved meaning that I am no longer breathless, too fast, or internally focussed.
- And the great news is that I am now more calm and confident when I have to deliver complex content.
What were your top take-aways from Michelle's teachings?
- How to prepare and structure a persuasive presentation using the template.
- How to control nerves by making it not about me, and clicking with the audience.
- Effective strategies for guiding question time so I get the questions I want to answer, and so that I am always confident answering questions (even when I don’t know the answer or the questions is out of scope) .