Jillian Bullock is an author, podcaster, trainer, consultant and award-winning and fully certified ‘LinkedIn Ninja’. Jillian is the only LinkedIn trainer in Australasia to be recognised by LinkedIn corporation HQ in San Francisco as an “Independent LinkedIn Expert” and she’s a qualified Member of Professional Speakers Australia. www.linkedinninja.com.au
What did Jillian say straight after attending Michelle’s Persuasive Presentation Skills Masterclass?
“This program is brilliant! I’m delighted to learn the structure of 13 Steps; 4Mat and POO objections. I loved Michelle as a facilitator and the small group setting allowed you to learn from others. It exceeded all expectations.”
We interviewed Jillian 16 months after she’d attended Michelle’s 2-day Persuasive Presentation Skills Masterclass and here’s a summary of our chat:
Jillian, what kind of presenting do you do at work?
– I’m a LinkedIn expert.
– I run workshops that are based on setting up your company sales pages in LinkedIn so it’s like a ‘silent salesperson’ in your company.
– I also teach people how to set up a winning LinkedIn profile so they stand out in this very crowded marketplace.
– In addition, I run workshops that are CPD accredited for Financial planners, Accountants, Mortgage brokers and Lawyers so they are active and successful in the way they use LinkedIn.
– I speak as a subject matter expert at social media summit and digital marketing summits, sit on panels about social media.
– And I also do coaching to help individuals use LinkedIn to its potential.
What prompted you to study with Michelle?
I’m always looking to improve. I believe there’s always more to learn. I really think that just because you can stand up and talk, it doesn’t make you a great speaker. Although I was very experienced as a speaker, I knew I could learn more. When I choose mentors, I do so based on their reputation rather than slick marketing schemes and I felt that Michelle had the world-class reputation. She came highly recommended to me. She was the best choice.
How did Michelle’s teaching change your attitude to presenting in business?
I went to Michelle to learn how to improve the structure of my presentations. I wanted to learn what not to say, what to say, and how to order my content so I made a personal connection with my audience whilst also making my ‘offer’ irresistible. Also, prior to attending the masterclass I hadn’t thought too much about how presenting is an opportunity to persuade the audience. Once I incorporated Michelle’s tips for persuasive presenting from the stage my conversion rate at keynotes increased dramatically.
In general, what positive outcomes have you achieved from improving your presentation skills?
– I am receiving very positive feedback about my seminars on zoom.
– I have incorporated the tips Michelle teaches into my virtual presentations and I have a large following of people who reflect how connected they feel to me and my content.
– In general, I feel like I now know what I need to do to be the best speaker I can be.
In what specific ways have your presentation skills improved since learning with Michelle?
– Michelle covered every base from slide delivery to how to move your body, vocal inflection, structure and I’ve incorporated what she teaches into all my presenting.
– I had a tendency in the past to structure my presentations based on instinct, I was guessing. Whereas Michelle’s structure gives you the winning formula to follow. These days I’m more focused on structuring my content and delivering my slides for impact.
– I move my body for a purpose.
– I am better managing my emotional response when I’m speaking which has been very important during Covid-19.
– My format is much better.
– I’m better connected with my audience.
– I’m also much better at learning from watching other presenters (diagnosing what’s working and what’s not working in their practice) and implementing the learnings in my presentations.
What were your top three take-aways from Michelle’s masterclass?
1. Structure – there is a winning formula
2. Minimising the busyness of the slides (the amount of slides and what goes on them)
3. How to present from a well-written script instead of relying on the slides to remember what to know next.
Why do you think everyone should do Michelle’s masterclass?
Lots of speakers sell to their audience from the stage in a high-pressure, pushy, sleazy way and it leaves the audience feeling buyers remorse after the presentation is over. If you want your audience to feel excited and interested in your offer then you need to learn how to do this from a professional ‘persuasion’ expert so you connect deeply and show your authentic self and leave your buyers feeling positive anticipation. Michelle is the one to teach this. she shows you ow to be persuasive AND connected from the start to finish of your meeting or presentation. Plus it’s fun and there are lots of unconventional ways Michelle uses to help everyone remember all the steps.