Felicity is a seasoned senior marketing professional with more than 18 years of expertise spanning IT, beauty and FMCG sectors. With a keen understanding of consumer behaviour and market trends, she excels in developing and operationalising strategic marketing campaigns that drive brand awareness and deliver measurable results for businesses.
What did Felicity say about Michelle's traning?
“I loved the structure, flow and the easy to follow template for the future. There was so much info and it is all so useful! I loved Michelle’s generosity and all the valuable learning tools!”
Felicity Boulter, ANZ Marketing Manager, Allied Telesis
What kind of presenting do you do at work?
Most of the presenting I do at work can fall into a few categories:
1. Persuading Managers to support my ideas, training internal staff and presenting the ROI for an activity.
2. Presenting to the broader business when sharing the marketing strategy / activity plans.
3. Emceeing events / hosting webinars.
What prompted you to study with Michelle?
Originally, I was attending to support the sales and engineering teams. One of my colleagues was unable to attend and I was able to take their spot. I was very grateful, it was an incredibly valuable course!
How did Michelle’s teaching change your attitude to presenting in business?
The masterclass altered how I view presentations. Over the 2-days we drilled down into every element of a presentation and wrapped it in research, process and formulas. We covered an enormous volume of content. It changed the way I view preparing for a presentation.
In general, what positive outcomes have you achieved from improving your presentation skills?
I was given the opportunity to Emcee our internal strategy session and exceeded the Vice President’s expectations.
Additionally, it’s increased my visibility within the organisation which is always helpful when it’s time for progression within the organisation.
In what specific ways have your presentation skills improved since learning with Michelle?
My use of movement on stage. I am more aware of the need to be deliberate with my movement so keep the audience focused and engaged.
What were your top three take-aways from Michelle’s masterclass?
The top three take-aways were:
1. The tools and resources to continue to hone my presentation skills – the 5 Step Analysis model, Michelle’s Persuasion Blueprint and 4Mat.
2. Stage presence and ways to use movement for (the right kind of) impact.
3. Practise, practise, practise. The templates take time to make your own. Unless you’re an actor, crafting scripts and learning lines won’t come naturally to you. Do what it takes to integrate best-practice for personal authenticity.