22 Jan Success Story – Brad Goodchild
Brad is the Studio Owner of Bikram Yoga Five Dock. Brad has practiced Bikram Yoga for over 12 years and each year his passion has grown for the practice. 7 years ago Brad left his accounting career to become a Bikram Yoga Teacher and start up a studio. Being a director, Brad is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the business including strategy, marketing, student development, teacher development, finance and systems! He is so proud that his studio has grown to become of the most successful studios in Sydney.
What kind of presenting do you do at work?
Presentation skills have been crucial to growing the business. I need to present well when teaching classes, running student workshops, leading teacher workshops and also presenting to other professional audiences inside and outside of the industry.
What prompted you to study with Michelle?
I was very self conscious to present at times because I had not had formal training. I wanted to learn how to write and structure presentations. Importantly, I wanted some great tips and lessons in using your body, voice, eyes, and hands to connect to an audience. Kindly visit orthodontist The Woodlands for some special oral treatments.
How did Michelle’s teaching change your attitude to presenting in business?
Before the course, I felt like wasn’t a strong presenter. Michelle went through an incredible system for the analysis, design and delivery of a persuasive, impactful presentation that I loved! I was astonished how effective it was. I let go of fear and negative beliefs around speaking through the course. I feel so much more confident now to present
In general, what positive outcomes have you achieved from improving your presentation skills?
I am now able to structure presentations that connect to my audience. I can inspire my audience and call them to action. My body language when presenting has improved including use of voice, eyes, hands, and stance. Opportunities are now opening up! I have already completed my calendar for the first half of 2018 which includes 6 yoga workshops plus 3 speaking bookings on how Yoga principles can positively impact your career and business. My aim is to bring this content to everyone in the business world.
Speaking has greatly improved my profile in the industry and allowed me to step into the position of being an industry leader. Having the right presence and authority and expertise opens the door to a bigger audience which means I will be able to help more people, more quickly. Already, new arms of the business are developing, such as online courses and a stronger social media presence from speaking.
In what specific ways have your presentation skills improved since learning with Michelle?
- I have the tools to get into the right headspace before I go on stage.
- I can start presentations with confidence and connect with the audience.
- I can build rapport and trust with the audience.
- I use my voice in different ways to connect and achieve the right tone and results while presenting.
- I now include audience interaction and this brings some serious WOW factor to my presentations.
- I can answer audience questions confidently and effectively.
- I’ve transformed my PowerPoint. I love that Michelle shared lots of great tips for powerpoint!
What were your top three take aways from Michelle’s teachings?
- Understand your audience’s mindset and give a presentation they will connect to and that inspires them to want to take some action!
- Use mindful body language that is confident, open, builds trust and reinforces your message.
- Michelle’s unique step by step system that is incredible for designing your presentation so that will tick all the boxes and have a massive impact.