Anthony Pannuzzo is a city-based health care professional who grew up on a farm. Communication and telling stories is a big part of Anthony’s life. Recently, Anthony got to compete in a MOTH story Grand Slam – true stories, told live, without notes, for 5 minutes. It was held at the National Theatre St Kilda in front of an audience of 700 people. ,
What did Anthony say after attending Michelle's Persuasive Presentation Skills Masterclass?
“I loved the ease in which Michelle delivered the program resulting in us learning the material in a very enjoyable and informative way. A very insightful and useful program.”
What kind of presenting do you do at work?
I engage in daily communication from team meetings to one-on-ones with other Health Care Professionals, General Public, Scientists, and Regulatory bodies.
What prompted you to study with Michelle?
As part of our team’s ongoing development, we all attended Michelle’s Persuasive Presentation Skills Masterclass. I was enthusiastic to attend. This ensures all of us have been trained in effective communication.
How did Michelle's teaching change your attitude to presenting in business?
- Michelle taught me ways to identify and implement elements that enhance audience engagement.
- She also helped me hone my skills so I can communicate as effectively as possible with my audience. I now understand both the fundamentals, as well as why certain skills are essential in the clear concise and persuasive delivery of the message.
- And of course, I also learnt the importance of, Practice Practice Practice!
In general, what positive outcomes have you achieved from improving your presentation skills?
I have always been a good verbal communicator, and now with these skills I am better able to engage with the whole audience more effectively, not just the ones who have presenting and learning styles similar to my own.
I now use Michelle’s planning tools and Disney’s Storyboarding tool and I have found my story comes together really well. Plus the great news is that using these techniques means I can remember what I want to say a lot more effectively.
In what specific ways have you presentation skills improved since working with Michelle?
- I’m much better at engaging the whole audience.
- I have found that using the presentation development plan and process has made my messages clearer, and it’s also much easier to remember my key messages.
What were your top take-aways from Michelle's teachings?
- Storyboarding works!
- Use Michelle’s planning tool – do not skip this step!
- Practice. Practice. Practice!