Every person has value! Alisha is passionate about people with a focus on supporting people to find and feel their own value. In her role as Learning and Development Coordinator for Lifeline Canberra, Alisha empowers people so they can support any person in crisis.
What did Alisha say after attending Michelle’s Masterclass?
“Fantastic! So interactive! Such amazing content backed up with passion and information. Thank you Michelle as in all my time presenting I had never attended a specific presentation skills course and I gained and learnt so much. Thank you for pushing me to grow.”
What kind of presenting do you do at work?
I present all the time, from one on one mentoring, to group facilitation work. I also run training and speak in large formal settings. Essentially I teach communication skills with a focus on crisis management.
What prompted you to study with Michelle?
It was recommended by my National Learning and Development Manager that all trainers and facilitators at Lifeline work with Michelle. Michelle has been our preferred provider of persuasive presentation skills and train-the-trainer training at Lifeline for a number of years, so I’d heard about her and I jumped at the opportunity.
How did Michelle’s teaching change your attitude to presenting in business?
Michelle’s teaching pushed me right out of my comfort zone and created a greater level of confidence to deliver any message with conviction.
In general, what positive outcomes have you achieved from improving your presentation skills?
In all honesty it has made my work easier. I am now very clear about my objectives every time. Thanks to the formulas Michelle teaches I now deliver with confidence. Since attending Michelle’s masterclass I now get so many positive interactions and feedback at the end. And the good news is that the better that I am performing, the more facilitation opportunities open up to me and the more people we can help.
In what specific ways have your presentation skills improved since learning with Michelle?
- I set up my presentations with clear formatting and objectives every time.
- Each presentation has a big picture objective and each section has its own objective to lead into the big picture.
- My stress levels have definitely dropped as I know I am prepared for anything, including for tricky questions that used to worry me.
What were your top three take aways from Michelle’s teachings?
- Icebreaker – grabs attention and gains focus at the start.
- 4Mat – gives me a clear outline for my content so I can be sure to achieve my objectives.
- POO – putting people’s fears, uncertainties, and concerns out there in a clear and respectful way is an excellent technique for helping people move through discomfort and distress.