23 Feb Presenting traps to avoid – Trap no. 4 Disappearing after the presentation
Posted at 10:00h in Free Tips
Audience members (and conference organisers) expect you to hang around for a few minutes after your presentation. When you stay after your presentation it allows a number of things to happen:
- Audience members can ask in-depth questions that it wasn’t appropriate to discuss during your presentation.
- Shy audience members will have time and space to ask you a question they need answered.
- Both you and the audience members who may be interested in what you do will be able to exchange details.
- You will have a chance to thank the conference organiser for including you in their conference.
- You will be able to meet other speakers who are speaking at the event.